Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Life: A pleasure or..

Here came the dawn,
Oh! beautiful it seemed,
with the lovely dew drops,
and the rays that peeped.
The bubbling water, and the gurgling river,
with the stars twinkling out of the sky's quiver,
The cool, calm breeze, that gave me peace,
with the lovely blossoms swinging on the trees.
I felt secured in the laps of LIFE.
Ah! Life's a pleasure, with no signs of strife.

But then came something, shaking my mind and soul,
and turned my painting sad on the whole..
A pair of sad eyes, reflecting the darkness of heart..
Looking hopelessly at me..I was really hurt..
He was in rags, with a sack on the back,
sorrows n' darkness, that was all in the sack.
I asked, if he ever liked to study.
He burst out-"Are you playing a joke on my poverty?"
"When hunger and cries-they all are around,
I have nothin to worry, but a grain and shroud!"

I couldn't utter a word you know..
I had no courage for even sympathy to show..
I felt guilty of myself, and guilty of my wealth,
Of what use was it, amidst all these sorrows I felt..
The adult childhood as if slapped me at once,
and revealed the darkness, that couldn't be lit up by a thousand suns,
The dawn to me seemed horrible as never before,
and the dew drops were now the tears ashore,
The rays made me feel afraid of light,
And I tried to hide my face out of fright,
The river had gone dry, like the joys in his heart, I was sure,
The stars had gone dimmer, and twinkled no more,
The blossoms this time were dull and dry,
For the bud that was nipped had made them shy.

I felt insecured in the laps of sorrows,
At the thought of those, who had no dawn, no morrows..
The struggle n' strife were revealed somehow,
..n life was no more..a pleasure to me now...

2 comments:

Shaz L said...

Great poem... Greater words... Greatest thoughts... I am touched!!

Nimisha said...

M glad Shashi..I could get the message across..